Sunday, July 5, 2009

Spinach Artichoke Dip


I made this for the 4th of July and it went over really well. As a matter of fact, my husband was craving it so badly, I had to make another batch and we had it for dinner tonight. It's that good! I got this recipe from the back of the Knorr's vegetable soup mix. Serve it with pita chips, wheat thins anything crunchy works.

Preheat oven to 350

I box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 (14.5oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1 (8oz.) package light cream cheese, room temp
3/4 cup mayo
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 package instant vegetable soup mix (Liptons or Knorr's, no difference)
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Cream all ingredients together in an oven safe dish, including 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup over the top of the mixture. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. I like to take the foil off for the last 5 minutes to make the cheese all golden and bubbly.

1 comment:

Charlotte C. said...

I prefer the Knorr Spinach Dip. It's downright addictive.